"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Sunday, October 21, 2012

PUMPKINS!


We finally made it to the pumpkin patch after the snow melted.  Unfortunately the freezing temps ruined a lot of pumpkins in the fields so the owners of the property put all the good ones on a trailer for us to pick through.  The kids were a little disappointed but we still managed to find 10 awesome ones to haul home! 



They looks so old.





On our drive home from Scottsbluff yesterday I discovered some gorgeous fall leaves!  Oh, I was a happy girl!  There are very few trees around home and even fewer that have fall leaves!







We'll be carving pumpkins in a week, I hope the pumpkins don't go to mush before that.  The insanely crazy windy days we had this last week wiped out my mums, completely.  We've had a few cool fall days and then back up to the 80's again this weekend!  I'd settle for a nice cool 60.

Life continues to be go-go-go.  Drew finished football last week and Brayden's team made it to the championship game in a week.  Ella had a big visit to a pediatric dentist in Scottsbluff.  Morley finished up with cross country and Matt had a 6 day work/play fishing trip to Idaho with Hobbes and Bruce.  They had quite the adventure that they'll remember for a long time.  Drew started guitar lessons and business is picking up again for One Stitch at a Time. Yesterday Matt and Brayden scouted for deer and were happy to find a large herd at their secret location.  

I love this time of year!
Pin It!

5 comments:

Valori I. Perry said...

It was 80 degrees?? Oh my goodness... we were sporting wool coats the end of August out here! I love the pictures of the trees -- beautiful! And your little (or not-so-little) bobbins are darling! We miss you guys! So glad we got to chat for a few minutes yesterday!

Jenni Call said...

Holy hannah...that grove of trees is, um amazing for Nebraska. Looks like it needs a cute family posing in front of it. Hint. Your family is growing tall.

Darci said...

I love the pictures! The kids are getting too big. The landscape photos are great with the leaves against the blue sky!
We sure love you guys and miss you a ton.

Candice said...

Fall is the best ever, love the pics!!

Joanne said...

I love that you had to "find" trees that were sporting fall colors. And I think our colors are pale in comparison to Utah fall colors. I do love the Fall and your family.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...