*love my polarized lens filter....no glare off the water*
At least once a week this summer, we have been enjoying the sandy beaches of Bridgeport lake. It is just 20 minutes away, not too busy and clean water. We go right after lunch and stay until dinner time and leave with exhausted, sun kissed kids. I really enjoy reading a book in my awesome lounge chair while the kids play. Sometimes we go with friends and some times just by ourselves. The kids love digging trenches from the beach to the lake, search for sea shells, try and catch the fish they can see in the clear water. The water is warm. Ella has become quite the swimmer! She can swim completely under water and is gaining quite a bit of confidence! Our last trip was just me and the kids, and I really enjoyed it. We spent time swimming together and playing water games. Since our first trip to this beach, I have wanted to bury the kids in the sand. FINALLY! It was a great workout for me and the kids had a fun time! We had to "water" them to keep the sand from getting too hot. Our summer is almost over and I needed the day with them to just be together. Before we go home we stop and get an ice cream cone, the perfect way to end a fun afternoon.
I wish I had a picture of me with the kids. Hey, at least I was there. Even if only behind the camera in the sun!
2 comments:
Hooray for sand, beaches, water, AND family time! Excited for your polarized lens! Those are super fun! I can imagine hefting all that sand would be a great workout.
All summer long I've been reading your lovely posts about going there and have dreamed of heading there, too. I even made plans to do it a couple of times but they never worked out. Ah well, maybe next year. :) I'm glad that you've had a wonderful time! yay for Ella swimming! That's so fun!!!!
Post a Comment