"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Monday, August 20, 2012

1st Day of SCHOOL {round 2}





Last Friday Morley had the chance to take all of his stuff to school, pick up his schedule, get is locker etc.  Once again, I took the opportunity to get the "school pics" that he is TOO OLD to have me take on the first day.  I mean....what 8th grader doesn't want their mom doing that with them in front of all their friends like it is Kindergarten all over again?  He was a champ and let me do my picture thing.

He decided to shave his head before school.  I like it short and think he looks very handsome.  Today was his first day of EIGHTH grade.  What?
I forced him to take some pictures with me.  It's tradition, right?



I couldn't help sneaking in a little kiss on the cheek!

He found these sunglasses the other day and had to have them.  He loves them and I love that he is confident and has his own style!



This boy is quite remarkable.  Of course there are times when he drives me bonkers but for the most part he is a wonderful young man.  This past Sunday he fulfilled an assignment to speak at church in sacrament meeting (in front of the entire congregation).  I promised myself that I wouldn't "do it for him" and let him sink or swim.  Matt and I would remind him and he would say, "mom, I know.  It will be fine."  I'll be honest, I was a little nervous for him.  I gave him some ideas to use while preparing but he didn't write anything down so I thought he was just blowing me off.  In the end, he did an amazing job and prepared an exceptional talk on honesty using several conference talks, scriptures and an article from the New Era.  He mad me cry *shocker* and I was a very proud mom.  We could tell he was nervous but he was very composed, funny and spiritual.  He is a great example to his peers and has wonderful friends with wonderful parents. 

I am not going to think about him being in HIGH SCHOOL next year.

He chose not to play football this year but he is doing cross country and really enjoying it.  He had early morning practice for the last six weeks of the summer and has really improved.  I look forward to running with him and doing a few races together this fall.  He also plans to continue with quiz bowl, spirit club and not forget to apply for National Junior Honor Society this year.  

Happy 1st day of school!
Pin It!

4 comments:

Jenni Call said...

He is an amazing young man! Happy first day of school!!

Candice said...

He's a handsome one :) What a great example you have!

Joanne said...

It's really hard to believe Morley is in 8th grade. Wow, how time flies. That is so cool that he was confident in preparing his talk and that he used so many resources, etc. Too bad we couldn't be there to hear it.

He'll be great in cross country. Good luck from Nana and Pa!

Darci said...

His buzz cut looks great! I can't believe he is in 8th grade. Giving a talk is a big deal...way to go Mo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...