"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Sunday, November 20, 2011

LEAVES, L and Diamonds

Joy School was just two days for us this week.  I got some form of the stomach flu last Sunday night so I cancelled our Monday class.  Jeremee was wonderful and offered to watch Ella so I could have a nice morning nap.  It really helped and I was feeling much better by the evening!  So, because we missed one day I wanted to pack as much into our two days as possible. 

On Wednesday we read three great books focusing on our letter of the week and our theme about leaves. 


I ALWAYS love to watch and listen to the children recite the Pledge of Allegiance from memory.


Their first "worksheet" was a coloring page of a leaf.
*notice that EVERY child is smiling*

After working on our "L" worksheet it was snack time!

Ella helped me create these fun leaf snacks made with pie crusts.  We filled ours with mini chocolate chips in some and strawberry jam in others!  They were a big hit!  They also enjoyed some cheese leaves while we had story time!


Then they had fun playing with their food.  Our "L" snacks were Lemonade, Lemon cookies and Licorice.  With the cracker sticks, licorice and cheese sticks they were asked to create "L's" on their napkin.



On Friday we had another jammed pack class!  We colored leaves and then glued them onto paper with short lists of what each child was grateful for.


Then it was "show-and-tell" time.  It was so fun to see how excited each child was while sharing and the questions they were asked by the others listening! 


We tried a fun (and very messy) craft.
The children LOVED it and their leaves turned out wonderful!

Our snacks were not nearly as exciting this day but there were not complaints.
Lollipops and cheese crackers because Ella said they could be diamonds, not squares.
 They begged for cheese shapes again and they enjoyed some leaf bread/jam snacks.


The super duper big books from the library are so great!  I LOVED that they all sat on the couch together and "read" the book to each other.  There was a lot of giggling while reading about what they saw in the pictures!


I promised them a short walk around the block if they listened to instructions well and did their work properly.  So, off we went with our lollipops around the block before it was time to go.


Ella always loves having her friends over for Joy School!  This week could be our last week teaching if the others decide that they don't want to drive out to our new place.
 (positive thinking that we WILL close on it before the end of the month)
Pin It!

1 comment:

Jenni Call said...

Positive thinking worked out! Hooray! Excellent fun week. Please don't quit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...