"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Scout Camp...
























Matt left with Morley and Drew to scout camp on Mother's day.  I know.  Nice day to leave, right?  They were on the road early in the morning with the rest of the troop headed to Wyoming for six days. During the week I would get reports from Matt about the weather, the boys and requests for me to come on Friday night with Ella and Brayden.  I have never been to scout camp and figured this would be the best year to go since it will probably be Morley's last one.  They had a great time and some of the staff were trying to recruit him a staff member.  They were unsuccessful.  Drew had to build shelter and sleep in it one night. Matt slept close by and reported Drew did great! Troop 92 received awards for being great examples and helpers during the week!

Brayden, Ella and I had quite a week doing a lot of fun stuff and ended our week with the water park in Sterling on Thursday.  I guess we were in the sun for too long and Ella had some heat exhaustion.  Isn't it strange to get dehydrated when you are IN the water all day?  She was still sick Friday when we were supposed to leave to scout camp.  But....we left anyway.  Poor girl had her blanket and trusty bowl. She slept most of the way and we had to empty the bowl many times. When we arrived at camp she was feeling slightly better.  Her sweet big brother gave her a piggy back ride to their camp site.  She tried to eat some watermelon at dinner.  No good. She tried to walk to the camp fire, but her legs were just too tired and daddy carried her and she soon feel asleep.  Morley even gave me a great big HUG when I arrived! Yeah!

We had fun eating donuts and enjoying time with our big boys! Brayden can't wait to go next year!! Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...