"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Washington SOLO vacay

I was one lucky gal that flew back to Washington for 4.5 days...ALL BY MYSELF!!!  I left behind five unhappy members of my family as I dashed to the airport...which is 3 hours drive...by the way.

My parents offered to fly me home so I could see my brother Tom, who just came home after a two year mission in Mexico.  OF COURSE!!  I was so excited to see my siblings, niece and nephews...and my parents too!  I flew in LATE, like 11:45 pm late, Friday night.  The "original brilliant plan" my sister Darci came up with was to run a half marathon together, as an entire family, early Saturday morning.  Thankfully Tragically the enrollment was full by the time we decided to do it.  So...our "plan B" was to do a nice hike/walk close by.  It was threatening rain, surprise, but we went anyway.  I wanted a picture "before" our grand voyage...man it was almost painful.  My brother in law Elan is quite the patient photographer.  Or not.  Oh, the pictures on my memory card.




We walked along the old railroad tracks for a total of five miles.  Darci and I were determined to run, even if it was only just a tiny bit.  The scenery was gorgeous, the company perfect and the conversation special.  Candice brought her little 3 month old guy in the stroller and he never made a peep.  Darci's Cassidy and Myles got tuckered out a bit...but we tried to keep them entertained!  Auntie Ali was quite the goofball.

We just hung out the rest of Saturday...napping, eating, shopping and playing.  Dinner was delicious at a local Thai restaurant.  Oh, I miss real restaurants! 

Sunday was a wonderful family day!  We were able to listen to Tom report on his mission at church and then spend the rest of the day together!  We took some family pictures (below), ate a wonderful dinner all together and just talked.  All of us were up very late having great conversation and special bonding moments as a family! 

My brother Will had a 6am flight back to WA DC and the rest of us headed to Seattle for a photo shoot.  Darci's kids regularly model for my Dad's toy products in their yearly catalog.  This year Kayson was able to join in.  It was great fun to watch Ms. Darci in action!  She has been the "stylist" for the catalog for years.  She even picked Kayson's nose!  The kids did a great job!


Elan and Tom were entertained with a PSP, and Candice was good at bribing Kayson with chocolate covered goodies.  My dad has a new product of a "butt crack" whoopie cushion.  Apparently, the ladies in the factories in China won't touch the "pink part".  ha ha  I love the creativity!  Now, I get to sell them!

We were in a photo studio and this wall of glassware caught my eye.  It was beautiful to me.


While we were so close to the waterfront...we HAD to go to Iver's for some REAL fish and chips.  It was chilly and the food tasted so good.  We tried to have the kids feed the seagulls...but they were too freaked out by the VERY aggressive birds.  Playing arcade games, riding the carousel, skipping in the rain and drooling in the candy store filled our afternoon before we headed home.
(yes...mine and Candice have our eyes closed. lame.)
 

Monday night I had to say goodbye to Darci and her sweet family!  Somehow I managed to keep the tears back, but I was crushed inside!  I also learned how to make the super cute beaded watch bands.  Watch out...I may have ANOTHER crafty thing I can't stop doing.  My mom, Candice and I stayed up watching Grey's Anatomy and visiting...and maybe there was a little bit of dozing off from me. 
*how did my baby brother get so much taller than me?*
My flight was early in the afternoon, so after the necessary pictures with brothers and nephews we headed out.  We left early so we could leave time for the necessary trip to JoAnn Fabric!  I NEEDED some beads for the the new obsession and a little bit of fabric.  It was perfect!  I was early for my flight, ate my Subway sandwich and read my book all the way home.  The turbulence into Denver was HORRIBLE...and caused two little boys in front of me to get sick.  Over. And. Over.  It was all I could do to not get sick myself.

I was excited to get home and see my kiddos and so thankful for my special trip.  My family is amazing and I love them so much!  It has been FIVE years since the seven Perry's have been in my parents home together.  That is too long!

******

FAMILY PICTURES

It was POURING rain.  But that didn't stop us.  While Elan held the umbrellas for Wendy, we were all cuddled under the cover of the front porch.

This is my FAVORITE!


Then the rain stopped and we tromped through the wet pasture to try a few different poses.
This one makes me laugh.


the girls.

the boys.  My dad 100+ pounds lighter than the last time this picture was taken.

and sisters.

and brothers.

**thanks for sticking around to the end**
Pin It!

9 comments:

Jenni Call said...

So amazing! You packed in quite a bit of fun into 4.5 days. There is nothing quite like a vacation, and there is nothing quite like coming home. Welcome home Elder Perry! Glad you got to welcome him home in style.

PS: I may want one of those butt crack things...

Lori Davis said...

Love getting to know your family a little better. I am heading out by myself for my dad's retirement party next weekend and this has me quite excited! I am super excited to see everyone and SUPER excited for my flights with me, my books, and my soda. Glad you had fun!

Christine said...

I bet it was hard to leave! I'm happy for you that you got to see everyone together after so long! The pictures turned out great!!!

Sarah J. said...

What a GREAT family! Love all the pictures. Especially the one with your mom being hoisted!

Anonymous said...

Oh what fun pictures! :) Next time I pick WHEN such priceless pics are taken.
So good to see your face!!

Madison Grunig said...

I love all the pictures! What a fun trip for you. There's nothing like a good dose of family to make a girl happy!

Aaron & Nancy said...

Beautiful pictures! Great memories! So happy you were able to spend the time with all of your family together!

Darci said...

What a great recap of our amazing weekend together. It had definitely been too long. It was great to enjoy some down time as a family.

Mackay Family said...

What a great weekend with your family. Those pictures are to die for. I can't believe that we are all so old. I still picture Tom, McKay and McKenzie as these little kids running all around...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...