"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Monday, November 15, 2010

BUCK up

Saturday was opening deer season for rifle.  Morley and Matt have been talking about it for weeks and counting down the days.  Morley had a birthday party he went to Friday night...until 11pm.  Matt woke him up at 3am to go hunting.  He was a pretty tough kid, from the dad reports!  It was cold and we had just received our first snow a few days before.  Morley shot his deer first around 8:00 am, HOURS before his dad!  Morley said that it just dropped and they didn't have to track it at all!  I'll tell you what, I am pretty impressed with my little man!  He saw it, sighted it in and pulled the trigger without any assistance!  I am SO in love with the opportunites my boys have to spend with their dad!  I'm thankful Matt and Morley enjoy spending so much time together and can't wait for all of the boys to go hunting together!  Our garage is now the home of two deer...hanging by their back feet!  Morley and Matt both have a chance to shoot one more, each.  That is a lot of meat!  I am thankful though, we only have four pounds of the 59 pounds we ground last year left!

He looks pretty pleased to me!


A proud dad!



I believe Matt had his some time after lunch.


We had our first snow of the season on Thursday, I think it was around four inches.  It even came straight down...not sideways!  Nebraska is notorious for the wind and huge snow drifts when it snows!  I kid you not, it was 74 degrees on Monday and I was STILL mowing lawns.  I was thankful for the snow to finally hit to officially END the mowing season.  It was so awesome while it lasted but seemed to drag on FOREVER!  Our indian summer kept our grass green and growing.  I was surprised that Ella didn't want to dive into the snow while the boys were at school.  She was more than ready once the boys were home.  Drew and Brayden started building an igloo and making snow forts.  Now, the snow is nearly gone but the cold temperatures decided to stick around.




We FINALLY listed our house on October 29th!  I felt like it took forever to get ready, but it was totally worth it!  The house looks amazing, in my opinion.  Last week we had FIVE showings in six days.  I haven't received very much feedback from the realtors, which I hope is a good sign.  One realtor told us that a couple that looked at it, and four others the same day, and liked ours the best.  We'll see if they want to see it again!  I'm even leaving fresh chocolate chip cookies out for the showings, isn't that worth a full price offer?  Okay, maybe that is a little too much to ask for.  I was afraid of how hard it would be to keep the house in "showing" condition.  It has been pretty stress free...except for the ONE hour notice I received for the first showing.  I was pretty crazy racing around the house and stashing several laundry baskets in the car with the things I didn't have time to put away.  That taught me a lesson.  Now, an hour notice will not be a problem, no matter the day.  The kids-and Matt-have been doing a great job making their beds in the mornings and cleaning up their messes.  I've been trying to have the house all picked up before I go to bed so my mornings aren't so crazy.  We haven't had a showing in four days, but that is okay.  Matt said one of his coworkers has only had two showings in four months.  We're very excited that people want to see our house.  It was been great for us these last six years and we're ready to move out of town on some land.  A bigger and newer home would be great too.  The home we have our eyes on is still waiting for us, we we can't wait for someone to hurry and buy ours!

* sorry for the blurry picture...my focus setting in the wrong place on the camera...I think little miss was curious*

More good news, my washing machine is fixed!!  After TWO MONTHS and countless quarters of doing laundry at the laundromat...I can now stay home to wash our clothes!  I still find myself hording quarters.  I think the only upside of the laundromat was the ability to do five loads at one time...which I did on more than one occasion.  I can say, that at this very minute...there isn't a piece of dirty clothes to be washed and EVERYTHING is put away!  There is a first time for everything!  Another positive about the house being for sale...I HAVE to stay caught up on laundry.  I was able to spend a lot of time reading the last two weeks...and read THREE books!  I haven't let myself do that in a very long time!  The Hunger Game series was very good!  Just don't start it if you have other things to do! 

We're looking forward to Thanksgiving next week and for the holidays.  I just started our Christmas shopping and decided that I am going to make quilts for each of the kids.  I wish I would have thought of that months ago...now I have 6 weeks to make 4 quilts.  They keep hijaking Matt's quilt and my quilt, so now they'll have their own.  I still can't believe that we are almost at the end of the year, again!
Pin It!

6 comments:

Jenni Call said...

Way to go Morley...and Matt! Tell Drew he will not starve now. I love Ella's cold nose. I'd buy your house just for a hot cookie. Heck, I'd sell my soul for a doughnut ;)

Mackay Family said...

Way to go Morley! That is a nice looking buck. I think it is great that they get to do some many "guy" things together. Good luck selling your house. It is super cute.

Joanne said...

Good job on the house and getting in on the market, I hope it sells soon.

Congrats to Morley and Matt on their bucks too....

Dad

APeck said...

while changing my email address to avoid yet another viagra ad, i deleted your email. can you send me it again, please? my email is angilee74@rocektmail.com and i think you'd love this website (scroll down past the cupcakes for a super cute dress for ella) http://www.makeit-loveit.com/

Madison Grunig said...

Wow, you guys have been busy. That's awesome your house is getting so much traffic through it. Hopefully the offers start coming in. And way go to, Morley!

Darci said...

Way to go Morley! The bonding time is so important.
Your house looks great and hopefully things work out the way you hope. Hey, if you're making Elan's famous cookies then a sale should be coming soon. They are that good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...