"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes."
~Harold B. Lee

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Elder Perry is HOME!

*this post is 100% copied from my sister, Darci's blog*

Tuesday, October 12th . . . around 6:30pm . . . my handsome little brother returned home from his mission in Tijuana, Mexico. What a happy day!


We waited with excitement for him to get on the escalator and make his way up to meet us. When he finally broke through the crowd, it was all about tears, hugs and smiles.



Here was the family portion of the welcoming committee. Our long time family friends, the Keller's helped welcome him home at the airport also.





Notice how Cassidy is simply observing and looking up at her uncle Tommy? It was so adorable to watch.



Tom served a faithful mission and grew to love the people of Mexico. His experience has helped him grow in so many ways. My family felt so blessed by his service. Cassidy and Myles prayed for him every day and talked about him often. We are grateful for his example of service, love and faith. I have no doubt that the Lord watched over him and will continue to bless him for the choice he made. He'll never really know how many lives he affected as he taught of Jesus and the Plan of Salvation for the last two years.


Cassidy and Myles had a close bond with Tom before he left, when they were only four and two years old (what a treat this is). It was so sweet to observe them as they processed the fact that 'their Tommy' is really home now. In the picture below, Tom is telling Cassidy how she's looking like her mommy and admiring her beautiful hair. :)


Myles waited until our late dinner to warm up to Tom, so thankfully he was already comfortable around uncle Will. Myles and I enjoyed a fun evening at a Mariner's game with him and my dad last week, so they are buds and have bonded (again).
 
Family really is everything! I can't wait until next week when our Perry seven will all be together. Welcome Home Elder Perry.
 
 
****
 
Okay...it's Ali...
I can't wait until next week when I get to fly "home" to be with all of my siblings for a few days!  It has been TWO years since I have seen both of my brothers!  And by the way...I have some pretty good looking brothers, WOWZA!
 
Tommy is so awesome and he has been such a wonderful example to our boys!  We are going to *skype* with him today after school so they can see him, hear all about his mission and listen to him speak spanish!  I have talked with him twice so far and I love hearing an accent in his voice! 
 
As my sister said, FAMILY IS EVERYTHING!
Pin It!

6 comments:

Jenni Call said...

So many memories are connected to airports! These memories are priceless. Welcome home Elder Perry!

Sarah J. said...

Wow! How exciting for your family! I'm curious what your brother's reaction was to your dad?! And yes, your brothers are WAY cute. Is it too soon to set them up with my WAY cute nieces?!? ;)

Mackay Family said...

I can't believe Tom is already home! I remember when they stayed at our house the night before he left. Family is everything! :)

Darci said...

We're so lucky to live close and be here for all the fun. Hurry up and get here would ya!?

Esther Ogden said...

I LOVE missionary homecoming pics! Thanks for sharing. What a handsome bunch of men in your family! And of course, gorgeous ladies!!!

me said...

So glad he came home safe! So glad you got to go home and see him too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...